Centre of Excellence: Enterprise Solution Architect – UK OR NETHERLANDS HOMEBASED with office attendance as required. Salary in early 6figures + bonus etc..
- Accountable for the integrity, robustness & efficiency of the end-to-end Business/IT solution design for all Lines of Business Across our footprint. Responsible for delivery of the end-to-end Business/IT Solution Architecture addressing the immediate and long term business & IT objectives aligned with Delivery Roadmap and IT vision & strategy. Work closely with country and T&I MDs to provide pragmatic solutions to everyday business problems.
- Deliver Business/IT solutions that bring clear business value while endorsing the Architecture Master Plan and corresponding Reference Architectures that underpin our financial thesis and its associated targets (Rev, OCF, FCF, Capex % of Rev) manifesting in concrete IT solution architecture design artefacts
- Cultivate an evolution of consolidated TCO efficient Business/IT solutions driving RGU growth.
- Drive harmonization of business processes and rationalization of IT assets across the footprint.
- Identify, define and propose value-add opportunities for automation of current operations or products and services.
- Create opportunities for moving capabilities/functionality as needed between products through architecture consistency.
- Define & architect re-usable IT solution enablers creating an IT eco-system that facilitates delivery of cost effective product roadmap.
- Contribute towards increasing percentage of deploying standard solution components vs. custom ones.
- Ensure that Customer Experience, Security, Privacy & Operational Simplicity aspects are embedded in the design process & artefacts.
- Ensure that IT solutions are regulatory compliant.
- Influence the development of technology roadmaps in the IT domains, aligned with evolving market requirements while leveraging industry innovation.
- Define, create, collaborate, communicate and maintain solution frameworks, models, taxonomies, patterns, technologies, processes, and standards within application domains.
- Maintain and improve relationships with key vendor partners: influencing their roadmap to maximize investments, understanding the product release strategy & the emerging technologies corresponding impact on the existing architecture plans.
- Support the Business/IT Transformational initiatives through effective evaluation of the IT solution suppliers, directing definition of renewed application landscape and enabling business & IT agility, resulting in shorter product time-to-market and reduced TCO.
- Create and promote collaborative working with key stakeholders across the footprint.
- Support the annual budget submission process through supplying of convincing effort & estimations for realization of the defined business objectives. Contribute to budget management through efficient use of resources and vendor recommendations to create additional value for the business.
- Support IT Delivery planning process.
- Support/Execute RfI/RfP processes leading the selection of new technology products or suppliers.
- Support/Execute R&D/PoC to validate technologies and design patterns
- Maintain and improve relationships with key customers & peers.
- Maintain a visible presence at technical summits, conferences etc
- Champion change and effectively manage implementation of new ideas.
- Stay current with emerging architecture thoughts, methods, and technologies
- Exercise staff oversight to ensure new operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are consistent with the overall company goals and objectives.
Knowledge & Experience
Preferred education / qualifications:
- Advanced degree in computer science with significant exposure to enterprise applications development and systems architecture in a large-scale international business environment.
- Extensive subject matter expertise and thought leadership track record across IT and other technology domains
- Experience in providing technical leadership in software design and building scalable and highly available solutions
- Experience in a Cable / Telco industry
- Strong understanding of the economics associated with related architectures
- Solid understanding of software design patterns and enterprise integration patterns.
- Strong understanding of Business operations.
- Extensive experience of vendor selection and negotiation
- Extensive experience of major initiatives inception, initiation, financing and planning, and portfolio planning and Long Range Planning and Budgeting, including capes and opex management
- Experience in working in a Matrix organization.
- Experience in developing a collaborative working relationship with customers and suppliers
- Experience in improve intra / inter departmental business processes efficiencies
- Experience with agile methodologies
Skills & Abilities
- Strategic thinker with both technical and business process background
- Excellent analytical abilities to lead business re-engineering initiatives
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, management and team motivation skills
- Professional and mature team player, credible at all management levels
- A passion for the strategy, organizational and people aspects of change and for making a difference
- Excellent communication and customer management skills with the ability to influence at different levels within an organization
- Self-motivating professional that excels in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment
- Result oriented, team player, accurate and professional
- Strong aptitude for and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to manage a multicultural team.
- Ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output.
- Able to cope with pressure and demanding timescales without comprising quality and integrity
- Deals confidently with senior Executives
Leadership Skills and Abilities Expectations:
Co-creates and executes Strategy
- Implements on the T&I objectives as reflected in the company’s strategic objectives and the pillars of one promise, one plan, one company
Innovates with a customer focus
- Surprises and delight our customers and innovates based on the needs of tomorrow
Entrepreneurial Drive for Results
- Tenacious and relentless in their drive for results. Striving to achieve simplicity for our customers and employees
Lives One Company
- Works across our matrix/footprint to achieve the best outcome for the business, our customers, employees and shareholders
Leads and Inspires
- Authentic, transparent and considerate. Works hard to create a Winning Team